349 Forge de Laguiole – 12cm Laguiole knife – Double plate – Staghorn Handle – T12 steel, forged, glossy finishJuly 26, 2019
257 Forge de Laguiole – 12cm Laguiole knife – Double plate – Staghorn Handle – T12 steel, forged, glossy finish
incl. 19% VAT SHIPPING: EU: 0,-€ / WORLD: 15,-€
YOU BUY THE KNIFE SHOWN HERE.
Features of the product:
- Double Plate – Stainless steel and brass
- T12 steel, forged, glossy finish, rust resistant.
- 2 stainless steel bolsters – glossy finish
- Closed length 12cm.
- Blade thickness 3mm.
- Hand forged and chiseled bee (not welded bee).
- The bee and the nib are forged from one piece.
- Hand finished guilloche on the nib.
- Comes with original certificate of origin from the smithy.
- We provides a lifetime warranty and repair service.
- Original French handcrafted production.
- All the components of a knife are carefully put together by a master blacksmith.
- Many accessories for the knife. See below.
Delivery time: Ready for dispatch in 24h
1 in stock
This first-class knife comes from the glorious Forge de Laguiole, a manufacture that originated in 1987 and is famous for its forging and preservation of tradition. The Laguiole knives are logically first-class processed, are ideal as a collector’s item or for their own use. Visually, the knives also make a very noble impression.
Meanwhile, one reason is also the process. In the production namely every single manufacturing process is carried out on site. The Forge de Laguiole manufactory has master blacksmiths who can be compared with the best goldsmiths in terms of experience and expertise.
So you get with this Forge de Laguiole knife, which shows the century-old tradition and that can not be compared with the masses. Much more it is a knife of the premium class. It is not for nothing that Forge De Laguiole has been awarded in France in 2017.
The blade is made of a 10cm (12cm knife length when closed) high quality T12 steel. This was developed exclusively for the Forge de Laguiole. The special feature of this steel is the low chrome content, which makes sharpening much easier. In addition, the T12 steel scores in terms of hardness, edge retention and good resistance to rust. In the closed state, the blade floats in the resort, which protects the cutting edge.
Technical data as well as the composition of this steel cannot be provided by us. The recipe of the T12 steel remains a trade secret of Forge de Laguiole. However, we are confident that you will be satisfied with the quality of the steel.
This Laguiole knife has two bolsters. The combination of the processed bolsters with the noble material for the handle scales makes the Laguiole knife unique.
At the spring adorns the famous bee, also partially recognized as a fly. This is forged with the spring in one piece. This is one of the hallmarks of a high quality original Laguiole pocket knife. In addition, the ornaments of the master cutler are applied to the nib by hand. Each master cutler has his own distinctive patterns which also distinguishes his signature.
This knife has a double plate and is therefore very massive in the hand due to the widening of the handle. The double plate was also guilloched very fine and detailed. It complements the ornaments on the nib. The guilloche is a goldsmith’s work and decorates the front of the nib with unique ornaments. This is also the signature of the master cutler.
The combination of brass and inox of the double plate makes the knife look very elegant and noble.
The handle scales are made of noble material carefully selected by the master cutler. The handle scales are finally finely polished with high-quality oils and waxes.
This knife dispenses with the shepherd’s cross. Its simplicity makes it look elegant.
You will receive an unlimited lifetime warranty and free repair service when you purchase this knife. This warranty is provided only when the Laguiole knife is used for its intended purpose. Improper handling will void the knife’s warranty.
Original certificate, Gift box made of wood black lacquered, Carrying bag with the logo of the forge, Info sheet, Simple leather case, Soft cloth.
L.O.G. ZERTIFIZIERUNG - LAGUIOLE ORIGINE GARANTIE
Dieses Laguiole Taschenmesser besitzt die L.O.G Zertifizierung. Die L.O.G. Zertifizierung steht für “Laguiole Origine Garantie”. Die L.O.G Zertifizierung ist im “Institut Nationale de la Proprieté Industrielle” beurkundet.
Damit ein Laguiole Taschenmesser dieses Logo tragen darf, muss u.a. folgende Voraussetzungen erfüllt sein:
1. Die Klingen der Messer müssen geschmiedet und handwerklich hergestellt werden. Darüber hinaus müssen die Klingen ganz bestimmte Eigenschaften vorweisen können.
2. Alle Bestandteile des Messers müssen selbst in der Schmiede verarbeitet und hergestellt werden. Diese dürfen nicht von anderen Herstellern zugekauft werden.
3. Dieses Messer muss traditionell und kunsthandwerklich hergestellt werden.
4. Das Messer muss von einer Schmiede vor Ort in Laguiole stammen.
5. Eine strenge Qualitätskontrolle durch ein Überwachungssystem wird regelmäßig durchgeführt.
Forge de Laguiole
350 Forge de Laguiole – 12cm Laguiole knife – Double plate – Staghorn Handle – T12 steel, forged, glossy finish398,00 €
316 Forge de Laguiole – 12cm Laguiole knife – Double plate – Juniper handle shells – T12 steel forged satin349,00 €
342 Arbalete Genes David – 12cm Laguiole knife – Single plate – Juniper wood handle shells – 12C27 stainless steel satin149,00 €